Published on January 22nd, 2012 | by Karen Lee28
Mitsubishi i – Affordable Electric Car Giving Away Conscious Box
I might have to buy a new car in a few years. So in preparation for that inevitable event, I am always interested in new automobile technology and what innovative designs have been incorporated into the shiny new cars coming off the assembly line. And more than any fancy bells and whistles, I am most interested in how energy efficient a car is.
Enter Mitsubishi i.
The breakthrough Mitsubishi i is the most affordable 100% electric-powered mass-market production vehicle is available in North America. Its starting MSRP IS $29,125 and the net MSRP* after *federal tax credit is a very affordable $21,625 for the standard ES model and only $23,625 for the upgrade SE version, making the starting price for the all-new Mitsubishi i several thousand less than other mass produced electric vehicles available in the market.
*Includes federal tax credit of up to $7500. Retail MSRP of ES starts $29,125 and SE starts at $31,125
Powered by Mitsubishi innovative Electric Vehicle (MiEV) technology, the rear-wheel drive vehicle’s drive system includes a 49 kW (66 bhp) AC synchronous electric motor; an 88 cell, 330V lithium-ion battery pack for a peak storage of 16 kWh; and a single fixed-reduction gear transmission. This electric motor is capable of producing its peak torque of 145 lb.-ft. almost instantaneously when accelerating from a standstill; the vehicle has a top speed of approximately 80 mph.
The driving range of the Mitsubishi i is a very robust EPA certified “real world” rating of 62 miles/charge. The Mitsubishi i can be recharged using three advantageous methods: A 240V/15A Level 2 home EVSE Eaton charging system (estimated charge time from completely empty battery to fully charged – 7 hours; charging method recommended by Mitsubishi), a CHAdeMO Level 3 public quick charging station (estimated charge time from very low battery to 80% full – 30 minutes; requires optional DC charging port available as an option), and through the conventional 120V/8A Level 1 portable charging cable that plugs into a standard wall outlet (estimated charge time from very low battery to full charge – 22.5 hours; included on all Mitsubishi i models).
The Mitsubishi i may be compact in its overall dimensions, but this EV’s clever packaging and design make for very roomy and comfortable accommodations for four adult-size passengers. With its relatively tall roofline, rear-mounted electric motor and battery pack placed safely and securely in a watertight, stainless-steel safety cell underneath the floor of the passenger compartment, even the rear passengers will experience an exceptionally satisfying degree of legroom. There’s even a small cargo area at the back of the vehicle that is more than capable of carrying numerous bags of groceries or purchases from the local mall. And with the 50/50 rear seats folded flat, the cargo capacity expands greatly, allowing the Mitsubishi i to become the preferred vehicle for weekend trips for bulkier items at a discount warehouse or home improvement retailer.
The Mitsubishi i will begin shipping in early 2012 to select markets, including California, Oregon, Washington and Hawaii. It will be available in the Northeast by April 2012 and nationwide by January 2013. You can reserve your i now and Mitsubishi will cover the cost of the electrical inspection by Best Buy’s Geek Squad to make sure your home can efficiently charge an EV:
For more info on the Mitsubishi i, visit i.mitsubishicars.com
Conscious Box Giveaway Sponsored by Mitsubishi
The Mitsubishi i would like you visit its website and check out their “i”. And then come back here and enter a giveaway for a chance to win a year worth of green goodies from Conscious Box. Its retail value is $228! Check our sister site Ecopreneurist for more details on what Conscious Box is.
Here is how to enter.
- If you are not an e-mail subscriber yet, you have to subscribe to our e-mail updates in order to enter.
- Go to i.mitsubishicars.com and leave a comment here which color you like the most.
For extra entries, you use any of the following methods.
- “Like” iMitsubishi’s Facebook page and leave a note on their wall that you entered this giveaway and make sure to tag our page so we know.
- “Share” on your wall about the giveaway and tag @GreenLivingIdeas. (You have to “like” us first in order to tag us)
- “Follow” us on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway with mention @GrnLivingIdeas in your tweet.
- Giveaway is open to e-mail subscribersonly. Your e-mail address will NOT be shared with anyone so sign up for FREE e-mail updates today.
- You must be over 18 years old who lives within U.S.
- Giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Saturday, February 4, 2012
- One winner will be chosen at random, generated by a random.org, and will be announced on Sunday, February 5, 2012.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- You must respond within three days after giveaway is closed to be eligible.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can enter. Each comment is one entry.
- SRP: $228
Thanks for entering and Good Luck!
CONGRATULATIONS! We have a winner!