Published on March 30th, 2009 | by Stephanie Evans0
Massage your hands and feet for a deeper sleep
Since ancient times, Indian medicinal traditions have recommended washing and massaging the hands and feet before bedtime. In Asian cultures, going to sleep with dirty feet is considered extremely unhygienic. But more than this, a hand and foot massage at bedtime can actually make for a deeper, more restful sleep.
Whether you have been physically challenged all day or your eyes are exhausted from staring at a computer, massaging the reflexology points on your feet is a wonderful way to promote relaxation. Using an herbal oil helps to moisturize your feet and your hands. The ritual can be as short or as long as you want. Either way it will feel great.
What You Need
• ½ tsp rock salt crystals
• 2 Tbs of sesame oil
* If you suffer from cold feet, then add a ½ tsp of ground cloves into the mixture to create warmth.
• Mix together the salt crystals, sesame oil and ground cloves.
• Rub the mixture in small circular movements into both your hands and feet.
• Focus on your palms, wrists, heels, soles, ankles, fingers, toes and finger/toe webs.
• Finally soak your hands and feet in a bucket of warm water.