Published on August 5th, 2011 | by Karen Lee87
FoFlor Green Doormat Review and Giveaway
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED
I know we don’t pay too much attention to doormats. We leave it outside the door and forget about it. But it gets a beating through all kinds of inclement weather and helps us not to track in dirt and chemicals in the house, keeping us healthy indoors.
Even if you don’t wear shoes in the house, you still wipe all that dirt outside before you put your shoes away. So wouldn’t it be nice if the doormat that works hard to help you be eco-friendly, is made with eco-friendly material too?
We found such a mat.
We throw away more than 200 million rubber tires every year in the U.S. Only about 7% is recycled and the rest sit in landfills. So when these potentially landfill bound tires are recycled into functional items like doormats, they can’t be beat.
This hard working doormat is molded recycled car tire rubber with a tough carpet face made from recycled plastic bottles. It is durable and yet beautiful to look at. It almost feels like a carpet that you can use inside your home! You can clean your feet and clean the environment at the same time. This is commercial grade mat that will last for years.
The mat has:
- Exclusive rubber-reinforced face nubs prevent pile from crushing and wicks water to the bottom of the mat
- Highly durable “fashion” border acts like a water dam to keep the dirt and water contained
- Slip-resistant surface
- Generous size looks good on any front porch
- Available in four colors
I have used this mat for over six months now and it still looks brand new. I don’t wear shoes in my house but I wipe my shoes off on the mat, before putting them away. I don’t want to bring the dirt inside when I put my shoes away. I was skeptical if the carpet is really water proof though since the carpeted surface felt like yarn. The company rep issued this answer.
The “piles” on the rug are raised so the water is pulled away from the surface of the rug. The plastic fibers absorb water, and the rubber backing keeps the water contained so it doesn’t seep out if you place it inside your door on hard wood or otherwise. The fibers are absorbent enough to prevent any “pooling” of water on the mat, and can handle a large volume of water (basically unless you take a hose to it, the rug will be able to absorb the water). You can hose the rug off to clean it though
And after six months of abusing and using this mat, I can honestly say that it is definitely water proof and it has earned its keeps.
So, if you want to keep all that dirt and chemical outside and reduce waste at the same time, try this mat. And to help you try it out, we are sponsoring a giveaway to our e-mail subscribers.
How to Enter the Giveaway
- Subscribe to our e-mail updatesif you are not a subscriber yet.
- Go to FoFlor.com and comment here what color mat you would like to try if you win. (This will be mat color you will receive.)
- “Like” FoFlor’s fanpage on facebook and leave them a note on their wall saying GLI sent you.
- “Like” our fanpage and leave a note on our wall that you entered this giveaway.
- “Share” on your wall about the giveaway and tag @GreenLivingIdeas. (You have to “like” us first in order to tag us)
- “Follow” us on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway with mention @GrnLivingIdeas in your tweet.
- Giveaway is open to e-mail subscribers. Your e-mail address will NOT be shared with anyone.
- You must be over 18 years old who lives within U.S.
- Giveaway will end at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, August 12, 2011
- One winner will be chosen at random, generated by a random.org, and will be announced on Saturday, August 13, 2011.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- You must respond within three days after giveaway is closed to be eligible.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can enter. Each comment is one entry.
- SRP is $60
- Disclosure: I was given a green mat to use for the review but was not given any monetary reward for the review. The green mat will be shipped to the winner of the giveaway directly from FoFlor.com