Published on October 22nd, 2007 | by Stephanie Evans0
How to Choose Green Appliances
One way to improve your energy consumption is to use human power instead of appliances. Yet few of us would choose to return to the days of doing laundry over a washtub! Besides looking for energy saving labels, keep these ideas in mind when shopping for appliances:
- Front-loading clothes washers are more energy efficient than the top-loading kind.
- Likewise, the standard freezer-on-top refrigerator will generally use less power than a side-by-side model.
- Consider how much refrigerator you really need. If your household is small, a smaller refrigerator will use less power.
- On the other hand, if your household is large enough to fill two refrigerators, consolidate and get one larger model to save energy.
- Choose a dishwasher with a no-heat drying option.