Published on October 22nd, 2007 | by Stephanie Evans0
Eco Friendly Living and Global Warming Issues
Most scientists and ordinary people now agree that global warming is a serious issue. Here are a few simple ways to help you do your part to protect the ozone layer:
- Use fans instead of window air conditioner units as much as possible in your home.
- Buy energy-efficient vehicles and keep them well maintained to reduce emissions.
- Instead of a lawn, plant a wildflower garden, which does not require pesticides or chemical fertilizers in order to thrive.
- If you must have a lawn, use a push mower to maintain it.
- Let hot food cool down to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator, which saves the refrigerator from having to work overtime).
- Drop your thermostat by a degree or two—this saves a surprising amount of energy over the course of a winter.
- Look for ways to use your vehicle less, including carpooing, walking, bicycling, or working from home.