10 Green Valentine’s Day Crafts
Valentine’s Day was first celebrated in the Middle Ages and although there are only legends connecting the day to romantic love, the U.S. Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately 190 million valentines are sent each year in the US. Half of them are given to family members other than husband or wife, usually to children.
Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not, you surely appreciate giving and receiving tokens of love. So why not make use of the love spirit floating around globally come February 14th. and craft a little something for your loved ones?
When it comes down to crafts here at Green Living Ideas we stick to the green ones that allow reducing, reusing or recycling. Love should not come in the way of keeping the Earth green. That is why today I have a list of simple but lovely craft projects you can use to prepare for a green Valentine’s Day:
- Kissing clothespin by Brittany
- Candy heart rings by Blue Moss
- Warm hearts by Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Felt fortune cookies by Crafty Little Gnome
- Valentine’s favor bags by Camille Styles
- Cupid’s arrow cupcakes by Bakerella
- My heart belongs to you cookies by Sweetapolita
- Easy Valentines by A Spoonful of Sugar
- Newspaper heart bookmark by The Cheese Thief
- Origami heart garland by How About Orange
- 23 Valentine’s Day Heart Crafts from Crafting a Green World
Whatever you choose to make, remember that you are not obliged to wait until February 14th. Surprise your loved ones today – after all, the most important is that you warm someone’s heart!
What are you crafting for Valentine’s Day?
[Photo: Jute Heart by Shutterstock]