Published on November 28th, 2011 | by Sonya Kanelstrand7
30 Cyber Monday Craft Ideas: Don’t Shop, CRAFT!
Instead of shopping today, why not spend less and make more? Check out these 30 ideas for ways to get your DIY on for Cyber Monday.
Today is Cyber Monday – the virtual equivalent of Black Friday. The term “Cyber Monday” made its debut on November 28, 2005 in a Shop.org press release according to which a vast percentage of online retailers said that their sales increased substantially on the Monday after Thanksgiving the previous year. In 2010, consumers reportedly spent $1028M online on Cyber Monday, making it the highest spending day of 2010.
So, after a Friday of hectic shopping you are invited to spend what little is left of your money online. But in the spirit of Green Living Ideas, this year I decided to celebrate Buy Nothing Day instead of Black Friday. I believe that changing your habits is a refreshing experience that often brings totally new ideas to mind.
That is why, on Cyber Monday I will not present you with a list of great deals and online places to spend your hard-earned cash. Instead, I will give you a list of my favorite green DIYs to make with your family for your family. Let’s call it Buy Nothing Cyber Day, shall we? Turn to your loved ones, spend time with them and show them love. Material well-being is great but it cannot buy affection.
Check out the following crafty tutorials that also have clear instructions and beautiful photos that will encourage you to reduce your spendings, recycle, upcycle and reuse. All of them can be achieved with materials you can find at home and will help you surprise everyone with unique green gifts that will show attitude and thoughtfulness.
30 Cyber Monday Crafts
1. Gift wrap with a homemade block print stamp by BIRCHseed
2. Crocheted card holder by Simply Notable
3. Wrinkled rose by Magdamagda Design studio
4. Upcycled sweater vases by Crafty Little Gnome
5. Tshirt necklace by Stars for Streetlights
6. Cathrineholm candleholders by How About Orange
7. Wool sweater laptop bag by Not Dabbling in Normal
8. Sweater pillows by Centsational Girl
9. Pants bowl by Kanelstrand
10. Upcycled wine bottles by EcoKaren
11. Fork Bracelet by Stars for Streetlights
12. Vintage bookmarks by Love My Dress
13. Recycled tshirt memory quilt by Crafting a Green World
14. Yarn bowl by Homework
15. Mess-free beeswax candles by Crafty Little Gnome
16. Felted soaps by Rhythm of the Home
17. Recycled magazines jewelry by CraftStylish
18. Tohoku tote by I am Momma hear me Roar
19. Felt flower headband by Mama Says Sew
20. Paper basket by The Elli Blog
21. Recycled denim coasters by My Recycled Bags
22. Key fobs by Sew 4 Home
23. Bird’s nest necklace by red Ted Art’s Blog
24. Coffee cozies by Pickles
25. Felted wool sweater bow ties by Dahlhart Lane
26. Felted bracelets by Kanelstrand
27. Upcycled Unisex Cuffs by Crafting a Green World
28. Paper mache teacup by Ann Wood
29. Clock makeover by Wonderful Joy Ahead
30. Felt brooch by Bugs and Fishes