Published on April 27th, 2008 | by Stephanie Evans0
Home-Mixed Finger Paint Fun
Homemade finger paint is fun to make and use. Natural finger paint is made straight from your pantry and is free of synthetic dyes and pigments .
Kids love exploring how things work and they’ll to create their own project from start to finish. These natural finger paints are made from ingredients straight from your pantry and are as easy as 1-2-3.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine:
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of soap flakes melted with 1/2 cup boiling water in a bowl
To make soap flakes, simply grate a bar of natural hand soap from the health food store.
- Stir to blend. Let the mixture set until thick, then divide into separate bowls and stir in juice dyes for color.
- To make juice dye:
- Use the juice strained from thawed raspberries or blueberries, the juice drained from canned beets and strong brewed teas.
- If you are using fresh fruit or tea, simmer the liquid over low heat for about a half hour or so to get a more vibrant color before adding to the finger paint. Mix colors for more variation.