Published on February 4th, 2008 | by Stephanie Evans1
Eco Clothing to Dress Up Your Valentine
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to indulge in something new to wear, made from luxurious organic or alternative materials.
Romantic partners, friends, and family members alike will appreciate a gift that is silky smooth against their skin and that also shows some love for the planet…
What says coziness and comfort like a bathrobe? Look for his and her styles of:
- Luxurious fabrics like organic sateen and flannel, and familiar terrycloth robes of organic cotton blends, hemps, and linens at Rawganique.
- Earth-friendly bamboo fiber robes Shirts of Bamboo.
- Under the Canopy organic cotton kimono robes and other ecofashion items made from organic denim, cotton, and soy. This brand is available at some natural food stores.
For pjs that literally swaddle you in natural softness, check out nightgowns as a snuggly option for the women in your life. Even with ecowear, you can always find something a little more sensual for that special someone…
- Esperanza Threads offers a sleeveless organic cotton nightie in many sizes, and a high-neck organic cotton gown that comes in handy on extra chilly nights.
- Gaiam offers similar smple, organic cotton designs, as well as a more revealing spaghetti-strap nightgown made from a blend of organic cotton and soy fibers.
Valentine gifts of organic lingerie send an inarguable message of appreciation.
- Enamore takes lingerie design to new heights of eco-friendliness with their organic silk bra and panty sets. The silk used to beautify and delight the eye is perfectly humane, as no silk worms are killed in the harvesting of these silk threads.
- Good Karma Organics creates playful designs from organic materials for pajama and lingerie sets. Their Web site has a store locator.
Of course, other kinds of organic clothing are out there if a message t-shirt emblazoned with a commitment to green living better suits the object of your affection.
For your practically-minded valentine, also check into:
- functional organic cotton socks and button-downs for all-day reminders of your feelings
- a durable hemp wallet, bag, or belt