Published on October 22nd, 2007 | by Stephanie Evans2
Using Green Living Products
In many cases, it’s possible to have a clean and healthy house without using toxic or petroleum-based products. Your local health food store may stock healthy cleaning products from companies like 7th Generation or Howard’s Naturals. Also try out these green living tips for a clean space:
- Flea Repellant: To keep fleas at bay, set a couple of eucalyptus leaves in each room of your house—fleas can’t stand them.
- Organic Weed Killer: Mix 1/2 gallon white vinegar, 1/2 gallon water, 1/4 cup borax, and 1 & 1/2 teaspoons castile soap. You can also use it to wash vinyl siding.
- Clean Home Air Freshener: mix talcum powder with a few drops of an aromatic essential oil such as orange or lavender, then sprinkle on carpet and vacuum to freshen the air.
- Shower Cleaner that Discourages Mildew: Mix 1 part lemon juice, 2 parts white vinegar and 3 parts water.
- Natural Ant Repellent: Mix equal parts white vinegar and water. Spray around baseboards and any place you see ants.