Green Your Lawn with a Push Reel Lawn Mower
Tired of the noise made by your gas-driven lawn mower? Maybe you’d like to trim your lawn in peace and quiet, without toxic fumes spewing around in the air.
Consider a push reel mower. These aren’t your grandfather’s heavy, back-breaking kind. These new breeds are light and easy to use. They clip the grass and release it in a spray fashion, allowing the clippings to fall in random fashion on your lawn. You can install a grass catcher if you don’t like that, but leaving the clippings on your lawn releases nutrients back into the soil. It acts as a mulch, a free treatment of natural, organic fertilizer.
Since they don’t require gas or electricity to run, you’re reducing your carbon footprint dramatically.
10 benefits to push reel mowers
1. They always start. No engine or starter problems to worry about.
2. They’re simple. No need for gas, spark plugs or engine repairs.
3. They’re light, so they’re easier to push than most motorized mowers, which are heavy.
4. They’re good for the environment.
5. They’re quiet, so your baby won’t wake up every time you mow.
6. They do a better job. (Motorized mowers rip or tear at grass while reel mowers snip it with scissor-like precision.
7. They’re low maintenance, kind of the lawn mowing equivalent of a cheap date.
8. They’ll give you some exercise.
9. They’re easy to store because they take up much less room than a seated mower and are more compact than motorized push mowers.
10. They don’t pollute so you don’t have to breathe in carbon monoxide and other toxic fumes while mowing.
List from Push Mowers 101.
Consider buying one for your family this holiday season.
[CC image from .michael.newman. via Flickr]