Published on May 22nd, 2009 | by Stephanie Evans1
5 Ways to Make Every Day Earth Day
- Recycle- Take a solid look at your trash. Even if you have green intentions, it’s likely that you probably have some recyclables thrown out in the mix. Also remember E-Waste like cell phones, MP3’s and laptops can all be recycled and re-purposed. Check out Waste Farmers to get you started.
- Freecycle- If you don’t need your old stuff, then think about giving them to somebody else who does. Clothes, books, electronics, and furniture can all be freecycled quite easily.
- Reuse- Many household items have a longer life span than we readily give them credit for: plastic forks, reusable tableware, portable mugs and other disposables. Why send all of this stuff to landfills when you can use it again and again…and again.
- Go local- There’s plenty of delicious and healthy food right in your neighborhood. Support your local farmers while enjoying fresh produce and organically grown goodies. Eat Local Challenge can help you find a farmer close to you.
- Follow a low carbon diet- Many of the foods you eat every day, even the so-called healthy ones, are responsible for releasing a high amount of emissions into the environment. Check out the low carbon calculator to help you figure out how to adjust your diet to protect the planet.